Tuesday, April 5, 2016

1 Dish Dinner - Chicken & Veggie Bake

This recipe is great for when you don't have a ton of time to make dinner. The best part - you can toss it all into one dish and done! That's my kinda cooking!

I am all about set it and forget it - especially on my days off. The last thing I want to do is spend my precious spare time off work standing in the kitchen for an hour+ making supper every afternoon when there are much more fun things to do - like sipping wine on the patio (err...I mean...teaching my child with organically grown cotton flash cards with the TV definitely not on...)

I made this a couple weeks ago and it was a hit so it's going to make another appearance at our dinner table this coming weekend!




What you need:
 
2-3 skinless chicken breasts
1 lb red potatoes chopped into 2 inch cubes
2-3 cups worth of veggies cut into 1 inch pieces (asparagus, red & yellow peppers, bite size tomatoes, green beans, etc)
1 small onion sliced
1 tbsp dried basil
3 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chopped dried rosemary
Salt & pepper to taste


What you do:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and add all ingredients to a 9x13 baking dish. Toss to coat evenly. Loosely cover with foil and bake for approximately 40 minutes, turning half way through, until cooked through! Optional: Remove foil and broil for a few minutes at end for yummy browning!  SERVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment